Sunday, July 3, 2011

Album Cover Redesign


This is the first version...with 1 layer turned off.




This is the second version, with a different layer turned off.




This is the third version, with all the layers turned on.

Which do you prefer?

For this assignment, I used mostly Photoshop to create the cover, since it is made up of several images I took of her in her concert last month in NYC. Forgetting to switch to Illustrator I ended up doing the painting right in Ps. It felt pretty much the same since I'm new in Illustrator, I don't have any preference between the two programs.

I chose Lykke Li because I enjoy her music, and in some ways she influences my artistic vision, which with her second album just released, I found out it is still in line with.

Here is the original cover art:
http://chamukoson2.blogspot.com/2010/11/lykke-li-youth-novel-2008.html

I changed much of the layers' opacity and used the brush tool as well as found an appropriate font for the artistic vision I had in mind, and with one of the layers I used a filter to make the outline of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment