Monday, May 30, 2011

Artist Statement


Capturing that moment in time, the essence of that split second in an experience...I try to catch that intangible experience, that dialogue with the universe, and turn it into my photographs. To me, a photograph documents, it attempts to take something of that particular time in that particular context and freeze it within the four walls of the photographic frame.

Rarely manipulated digitally, I try to encapsulate the moments with various digital format cameras and lenses, by allowing the magical mixture of my "eye" and happenstance to do most of the work, and come through the lens.

I am an artist and a Montessori teacher in New York. There is something in the energies of the places and people and my experiences of the world around me, that drive my photographic work...I hope you can experience these photographic attempts, to relate to you...through my visual documentation. Thank you for existing.

No comments:

Post a Comment